Wednesday, March 11, 2009

...howwwzattt... snippet...

During my those days in a boarding school, lessons were conducted in Bahasa Malaysia except for English and never in our wildest imagination that fast forward, students have to adapt to learn subjects such as Math and Science in English.

Back to the olden days students were segregated into 5 classes which were call SET, which is set 1 right to set 5 for the English lesson. Results from the year end English test were considered as a benchmark for which sets are the students going to be in following year.
As for the new form 1 students, they will sit for a special proficiency English test to determine to which set they’re belong to.

I was fortunate to be in the set 1 right from the beginning but we (especially me) in the set 1 were jealous of our friends from the set 5 hence they always got the privilege of going to the library, av lab or some other places other than the classroom.

That is the reason when I reached form 4, I did my English test just enough for me to get through the passing marks so that somehow they will kick me through all the sets until I land in set 5.

No. I never reach set 5; I got stranded in set 3 instead. Still have to learn in the classroom, no field trip except to the toilet.

Terima kasih kepada semua guru-guru yang mendidik saya hinggalah saya dapat menjadi seorang manusia walaupun bukan seorang insan.

No comments: