Sunday, September 13, 2015

howwwzattt... of working, comfy and looking good...


Got my working boots just now. Last week I asked a friend now residing in Dubai to get me a pair. None of the Cat boutique here have a good safety boots, not even an entry level as far as I know because for the past 2 months I have been searching all around for it. 

I still have a pair of this Ergolite collection while I was in Dubai last year but a lowcut with steeltoes. I had to carried it in my luggage whenever being deployed out of the country. A pair of boots, a pair of sneakers and a pair of slippers do take a lot of space and weight too, not to mention the pair that I'm wearing. Yes, 4 pairs of footwear.


This is the latest design from the Ergolite collection, none online yet the last time I checked, only in Dubai. It has a composite toes and do look good to wear, which mean that I can wear it straight away and walk through any airport without removing them at checkpoints.

So, why Cat and not Redwing or the cheaper Blackhammer? Never had a Redwing but I did have several Blackhammers in the past, the soles just gave way within a year, worn out at the heels but their safety boots do looked good especially the highcut sueded leather, it protects your shins.


Cat footwear is made of tough components like premium quality leathers, high technology comfort systems and durable, long lasting outsoles. It meets the demands of rugged work sites, urban outdoors and of your own attitude.

The pair that I'm having including the new one were made of meshed fabric like material with comfortable insoles and outsoles, light which doesn't tire my feet in long hours. I can still see the yellow marking on the old one though I've been wearing it for nearly two years now.

The new pair of course lighter than the old one hence the composite toes and apart from that, it is oil resistant, slip resistant and from electrical hazard with rating of ASTM F2413-11 1/75 C/75 with special EH construction giving protection against open circuits up to 18,000 volts at 60 Hz for one minute with no current flow or leakage in excess of 1 mA under dry condition. Well, the last part gives me goosebumps.

The price was AED415 or about RM486.56 as of today currency exchange. Dang, last year AED1 was about RM0.80 but today is RM1.17 against the dirham.

So, how was that?

No comments: