Tuesday, September 21, 2010

howwwzattt... i am your much needed adversary...

I thought I was dead that night, already dead. Did not feel anything when I got up myself with the help of a friend from where I had fell. No pain, no blood and no broken parts in my inside. I was in a daze. The thought of I’m already dead becoming worse when a pakcik whose saw the incident told me that “saya ingat kamu dah takde tadi”, loosely translated that he too thought that I am a goner. It was just like a dream to me.

Half an hour before that fateful night, I was just relaxing myself with another 2 friends at his house while tweaking on my motorbike somewhere in Kampung Pinjih, near Pasir Puteh Ipoh. I’m not interested in what there are doing at particular moment which is enjoying their rounds of weeds. I can’t stand the effect which will make me going “stim bodoh”, a state of stupor which makes me feels that anytime the police will take me and put me inside the lockup. Yes, I felt that way with weeds.

After they had their affair with that thing, knowing that I had just fully modified my cubcai with a bigger bore for the CG125 piston, modified engine head, closed ratio clutch plates, TS125 carburettor and many more, they asked me to test it against their machine. At that time, a fully souped up cubcai could easily whizzed by an RXZ135 cc in a kilometre sprint race.

Eagerly I just agreed, I am sober not them so I thought.

The location was a dark stretch opposite where Tesco Jalan Pasir Puteh stood now. Side by side we were ready for the race and another guy would follow from behind to see how fast we would go. Off we went with the speedometer keep on climbing until no valid reading could be read and still our bikes keep on going side by side until a car came from the opposite way.

It was just enough for us to get past the oncoming car until my friend made a slightest movement for him to avoid the car side mirror and his handlebar hit mine. I remember went off flying and that was as far as I could remember.

I thought I was dead that night, already dead. Did not feel anything when I got up myself with the help of a friend from where I had fell. No pain, no blood and no broken parts in my inside. I was in a daze. The thought of I’m already dead becoming worse when a pakcik whose saw the incident told me that “saya ingat kamu dah takde tadi”, loosely translated that he too thought that I am a goner. It just likes a dream to me.



Pic: A year after that fateful night.
The car just went off without stopping probably telling himself that I deserved it. I didn’t go home that night, instead went to the clinic to get me fix.

That was the time the pain came, blood just started to oozed from every part of my body that went against the asphalt. The nurse just ripped off my jeans making it easier for her to do the dressing. It was the time when she tried to remove the loose bitumens and sands that got buried in my knuckles and knees that I went berserk to the point where my friends had to hold me down. It was so goddamn painful.

The scars on my shoulder, knees, knuckles and arm still remain to this very day to remind me of the good, the bad and the ugly heydays.

And a secret, sometimes I do feel sexy with all those scars. Don’t you feel so babehhhh? :-)

No comments: